How To Make Posthypnotic Suggestions Stick!
The Automatic Reinstatement of Specific Suggestions after Hypnotic State.
Clients come to be Hypnotized, not for the experience of simply going into hypnotic state, but rather for the after effects, the results ,the change in feeling or behavior. The Client wants post hypnotic results. One of the best tools for the competent Hypnotist is the ability to create Posthypnotic Suggestions That Stick! Posthypnotic Suggestion refers to the subject’s ability to respond at a later time to a suggestion given during trance. The posthypnotic suggestions can be directed toward behaviors,attitudes,or feelings and can involve any one of the hypnotic phenomena such as anesthesia,amnesia,tunnel vision,hypnotic dreaming,and so on. Learn how William Mitchell M.Div., BCH, CI as a Clinician, Instructor,and Stage
Hypnotist routinely delivers suggestions that STICK! After this class you can too!
● Participants will be able to refer to the results of research by Weitzenhoffer, Berrigan,Evans and Staats,Wojcikiewicz and Orlick and the teachings of Erickson on Posthypnotic Suggestion.
● Participants will be able to describe how Posthypnotic suggestion is based on the Principle of Association
● Participants will be able to describe how to use Direct and Indirect Suggestion to Elicit Posthypnotic Phenomena
● Participants will be able to identify 2 Indications for Use of Posthypnotic Suggestions
● Participants will be able to define the use of Hypnotic Amnesia in conjunction with
Posthypnotic Suggestion to Create Automaticity
William Mitchell, BCH, CI
Rev. William Mitchell is the lead hypnosis instructor for hypnosis courses in the live training seminars, workshops and hypnosis classes.
William is the Founder of the Mitchell Institute for Professional Hypnosis, Personal Motivation Hypnosis Clinics, Mitchell Programs and Mitchell Events (including the Heartland Hypnosis Conference).
With two successful clinics in Illinois, he is often called upon to consult with other practitioners of hypnosis that wish to replicate his model for clinical practice. William Mitchell is a Board Certified Instructor for the National Guild of Hypnotists (BCH,CI) and regularly graduates trained practitioners Certified by the NGH. He has served as Faculty at the NGH Convention for 8 years.
Since 1997, he has successfully hypnotized thousands and currently works with several hundred one-on-one clients each year. He is also a former adjunct faculty member at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, IL serving on their Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) Panel.
Academic credentials include a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) from Culver-Stockton College with both a Religion and Philosophy major and a Missouri Secondary Teaching Certificate in Social Studies. A graduate theological education at Texas Christian University Brite Divinity School and Phillips University Graduate Seminary in Oklahoma with an earned Master of Divinity (M.Div.). While serving congregations in Missouri, Nebraska, Kentucky, and Texas he did doctoral work at TCU.
The Rev. Mitchell is currently the Pastor of a small congregation, The First Baptist Church of Ashland, IL. affiliated with the moderate American Baptists. In his active pastoral ministry he has served as President and Moderator of several religious groups. Currently serves as Clergy Special Interest Group of the NGH as Treasurer.
With his background in psychology, he consults with businesses and schools utilizing the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (A Jungian Typology based tool). Also, as a Presenter/Trainer in grief-recovery he has traveled to over 15 states and given several hundred trainings since 1989 .
Professional memberships include:
- Fellow of the American Association of Integrative Medicine
- Member of the Association of Psychological Type
- Member of the National Guild of Hypnotists
- Board Member Centerpoint International Jungian Studies
- HYPNOTIST of the YEAR Mid-America Hypnosis Conference 2009,
- RELIGION and HYPNOTISM National Guild of Hypnotists Convention 2009